31.8.16

[book] And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

ps; grammartically errors detected

By the way I prefer calling it 'Talking about a book' instead of reviewing a book since I don't know how to review books properly :p and besides, all I want to do is just write what I feel after reading book. So when I give 2 stars to a book, it doesn't mean the book is bad but it's because I didn't enjoy reading the book and it also works if I give 5 stars it doesn't mean the book is THAT AMAZING (but it can be tho).



  source: here
(sorry for the bad qualitiy)

A novel which starts with a Father who loved to tell story, once told his son and daughter a story in the night before their journey tomorrow to Baghdad to dispose the daughter to a rich married couple. Abdullah, the son, knew that it would be the last time to meet her so he asked to join that walking-journey(?) while Pari, the daughter, didn’t know anything about this.

There a dolorous farewell happened. It was really difficult for both of them, Abdullah and Pari, since they were really close. They lost their biological mother when she was giving birth to Pari so Abdullah was the one take care of Pari because their stepmother also had to take care of her birth baby, which was their half-brother.

The story doesn’t  only tell you about this grief brother-sister, but also tells you other characters’ story with their point of view but still connected to each stories of this book. Like a loyal manservant—Nabi-who worked for the married couple that I have told you. In this part you will find that how loyal Nabi was to this family and surprisingly the husband had fallen for Nabi and it was enough to explain why he never really loved his wife and the condition between this pair was not really good. (spoiler!alert sorry). Then the book will bring you to another point of view, with a new story but of course it was still had the connection of the previous story and you probably find an answer if there was a hanging question that bothered you in the previous story.

I give 4 stars for this book because I just really love it, the aftereffect of reading this book still hanging there for days. So much feelings. It might be the reasons why I love this book:

1.       Different point of views kind of story is like I was on a journey and then given a mission to find something. I couldn’t find it if I didn’t go along the journey. Oh! I almost forget to tell that this book will bring you to some places, not only Afganishtan, but also USA, Paris, and a small island in Greece.

2.       This book is rich of characters and kinda complicated, but when you read this, it won’t confuse you. You will enjoy the novel.

3.       A beautiful book. I recommend this one if you are looking for a deplorable story with a strong bond relationship between person, not only between brother-sister, but also manservant-his boss like i have told you, a strong bond among an unbiological family, and a father with his daughter. Yeah mostly the relationship of family. And! A betrayal story you will find in this novel.

4.       Every parts of this story like giving you a roller coaster riding.

Eventho I’m really into this book, of course there some minuses I could find. But what i’m going to tell you is really reall subjective, an opinion based what I feel. You can skip this paragraph and decide to read this novel because those minuses point won’t make sense hehe.

1.        There was one of the stories between cousins, it was like they had strong connection with other characters (not really) like other stories. But I’m going to tell you, this part hurted me so much.

2.       Yeah I’m happy that Pari and Abdullah finally met but knowing that Abdullah didn’t recognize Pari until the end of the book just disappoint me. It’s okay Abdullah couldn’t recognize Pari at the first, but I want that Abdullah finally could remember his sister and noticed that Pari who came to visit him was his long-lost sister :(
But who cares lol It was probably was how Khaled Hosseini made the story would end up.

3.       In the beginning I found the novel was really boring and stop reading this book for over a year and decided to reread due the lack of book stocks lol. But I regret because this book is actually really good and I supposed to keep reading.

4 out of 5!



No comments:

Post a Comment